Saturday, June 15, 2013

She Had Me

Raining still as I write this. I never really loved the rainy days but learned to live with it. As I grapple with the thoughts that it's June 15 once again, I can't help but think again of the times when she verily had me.

As in my mind, it is the wedding days of all wedding days. Church bells ring for the wonderful moment between the groom and the bride meeting after the long walk in the aisle. When I don't have bride to wed.

This is June 15, a Saturday, where all the world is busy preparing their surprises for Father's Day when I don't have a father to treat. Nor am I a father who doesn't have a son to treat me out.

I was thinking about many things. Some of them not necessary. This same moment when you would wish you are there but you can't be there. All these paroxysms that makes us lonely. But at this point I will have to decide, decide to be happy. It's June 15, my special day of the year. Shaira Mae, my niece just turned 15 last Tuesday. And it is June 15 when Julia's first episode for MMK will be aired. June 15 is the day I saw Her with much delight. I cannot let this pass by without being special.

I hope it will be as special as it was seven years ago. It's time to see her new tweets and make this day the best day.

No comments:

Post a Comment