Thursday, November 7, 2013

Two Ambassadress Spotlighted

Ten years after a wonderful experience of bonding with my highschool classmates for an annual retreat, I am writing this essay with all of them in mind; amidst the plight of my own people who were devastated by a massive earthquake in Bohol and Cebu; in the wake for storm alert which is suppose to hit the country tomorrow; and in the height of the senate hearing for the queen of all scams causing taint of integrity and questionable division in the bastion of senate.

Sometimes I want to wonder when will these all end in a country where all my former highschool friends are depending their dreams for a better life in the future. There was one person who asked me last week if I exercised my rights to vote last Barangay election [October 28, I answered no, because I was working that day for a double pay shift. I believed I contributed more for the country by working on that day than voting a Barangay captain and councilors whose impact for the country's growth is not even as large as the OFWs who give remittances almost every day.

Just recently, Sarah Asher Geronimo was named the NCCA goodwill ambassador for music and arts. There were certain objections for her installation. One prominent figure contesting her appointment is Olivier Ochanine, music director of PPO. Here's a quote of his facebook status about Asher...

"Here is a challenge for Sarah Geronimo.

Without searching the internet or any other sources, please answer the following:
1 - What piece(s) is Lucio San Pedro known for?
2 - What country is Gustav Mahler from?
3 - Give us the names of 2 successful Filipino pianists aside from Cecile Licad.
4 - Who wrote the Ring Cycle?
5 - Who wrote the 1812 Overture?

That's just a start. But I'll be very happy if our music ambassador can answer these correctly without searching the internet."

They were actually questiong the capacity of Asher to hold the post.

We also have Jessy Mendiola who was chosen by the Koeran government to be the an honorary ambassador for Korean tourism. “I am very honored and thankful that the KTO chose me as ambassador. The Koreans are very nice to me when I visited their country and they instantly became dear to my heart,” said Jessy.

It is really good that both of these celebrities are being chosen as ambassadors. But I just remember, everyone is called to be ambassadors. Ambassadors of Christ.

____________________________________________________________________

Personally, I have so much of experiences that enabled me to grow happy and wise. October 27, one of those which really stand as my favorite as I commemorate previous events in the past that happened on that date.

October 30 was Katriz' birthday and I went to Laguna so as to give her my supposed gift and to reunite with my family for the All Saints Day. I wasn't able to give her the gift because of my busy schedule

October 31 became a great day compensating the remorse of 30. We went to San Pablo to treat my Mom and we were with Lorraine who enjoyed the trip also as we ate in Jollibee and bought Aizee my graduation gift.

The concert of Libera happened on October 29 and it had a repeat in Cebu. Just a day ago, One Republic had their concert in Araneta and tomorrow is the scheduled concert of Matchbox 20 which is also the birthday of Charry Vane. There is a news that the cocnert will be cancelled due to the storm. Enrique Gil, the dance prodigy of Star Magic will have his first ever dance concert in Araneta exactly on JS' birthday. They are really making his name big.

But as I am writing all these, two songs occupy my mind in a sentimental way---Zedd and Hayley William's "Stay The Night" and Bruno Mars' "Gorilla"

and so I sing....

No comments:

Post a Comment