Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our Common Past

I am writing this entry here in Laguna. Just went home yesterday so I can be with my family and to be able to go to Batangas for a visit to most of my friends whom I haven't been reunited for quite a long time. I was supposed to go there with Vien. But the weather of Christmas lurking around, never permit us. So I stayed home. Recollecting and resting. This is rest. This is a sanctuary. Laguna has been a fortress of mine from fatigue and loneliness.

How was my week? Perhaps that Friday when JS and I were together explains the climax of this week. We share common dreams and interests. It was her birthday. She's now 26 just like me and earning her money much more than I perhaps because she's been long in the teaching profession now while I'm just starting with a company.

What did we do? I was in front of Adamson University at 5pm waiting for her. From then we had the LRT-MRT experience. It's always the same thing. I pity the people whenever I see them inside the train. The experience doesn't seem to suit her birthday.She almost got irate because of the long wait for the trains, you see they are always loaded and we can't get in because it would over load. She even dropped her shoes down the train rail. Oh no... it's a good thing I was tehre to take everything under control.

Where did we go? To Robinsons Pioneer where she bought her new tent which she will use Wednesday for the hike. She's really good in mountian climbing I am not. Something that we don't share in common. That day is also the first major dance concert of Enrique Gil I was able to see Araneta outside but we know that the best is inside. The adoration for Enrique is something we don't also share in common. Yes we are at Trinoma where we celebrated her birthday and after that bought a pen for Chad.

The interest for fitness and wellness. Something that Aizee and I share in common. Before I even go to JS' birthday, Aizee and I started that Friday with physical exercises and most importantly a long run. Jogging is a healthy habit and how I wish we can do it everyday not only to be well but to bond with each other. Yet we know that the schedule of work and loads to do will never allow us.

Who can forget that we watched "Catching Fire" last Sunday? Oh it's been a week. One thing that really stood out as cool is the experience last Wednesday in A Veneto, Clyde celebrated his birthday on the 27th and I bought him a cake and placed it in our locker. He was so surprised when he open it. CJ, EJ Jeel and I went to A Venetto to have our lunch there it was quite fun.

This Sunday is fun too. Raph visited me in the house and right after that, Lorraine and I went to SM San Pablo just to treat ourselves and bond together. I am now watching the 27th PMPC Star Awards for Television where Rey Langit received his lifetime excellence award. Congratulations to all who won sapecially to Kim Chiu who was chosen star of the night.

Our common past is something we value with our friends. Tomorrow, my friend Chesk Jessa Silvestre will celebrate her birthday. She died 5 years ago without me even knowing where she was buried and laid. Our common past is treasured even more when people leave us. Today we say goodbye to June Kiethley who passed last week, an icon of democratic broadcasting. Also to Agripino Diestro who was hailed as the resident conductor of PPO. And just early today, to Paul Walker who just attended a fund raising event for the typhoon victims in Visayas.

What links most of us is not only our ancestry and tongues, we are linked and connected by our common hope, common visions, common dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment