Friday, March 11, 2016

I'm Not The Myth

I wish I am the man you've always wanted to be.
I wish I can agree to all the accolades you want to give me when I celebrate my birthdays.
I wish I was the man you were talking about when you speak of ideal things in your life.

Sad that I am just a man. I am no extraordinaire. I am a man who depends on God's grace more than I depend on my wherewithal. I am no greater than anyone I once thought I was.
I have encountered things that I can't even do which for others are just as easy as ABC.

This is the reason why we need to find our core gift. In realizing that not all of us can make it to success by ourselves, we look for mentors who will help us find our core gifts. When we focus on our core gifts, we worry less. We see more possibilities than struggles.

Just last Sunday, Coby and I went to the Mass in OFM Novitiate house. There was something in my nephew that makes me admire him. He has a special core gift. He has natural woo ability. He treats other child as playmates and never as enemies. Many times I have encountered toddlers who naturally have tendencies to hurt other children. Coby has natural kindness and solidarity.

I am not the myth, you're grandma told you about. But I know I was born to help form the myth which one day will stun the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment