Wednesday, October 26, 2011

five more sleeps before halloween 2011

It's this lazy feeling when you just wanna lay in bed all day long because you have hang overs of October 25. It used to be a date to me but not like this year. 2011 is different. It values October 25 like it was no other.

October 25 is the day when we formed our clique six years ago. That was October 25 2005. Friendship is a vital stamina. I am a nostalgic person and I like telling people time and again when I met my friends or when did we did some excursions etc. And yes, that night was fun. I saw Lara Faye earlier that day. That was a Tuesday and then all of a sudden they just dropped by the house. I guess it was Je and Ron who accidentally came by and then we contacted Regine and Isaac to come over. Daryl wasn't there but we knew in our hearts he is a part. Later on the group expanded by adding Daryl, Jophet, and Edison. Now we have all in all 12 members of a close group which transcends all virtual groups we are in.

October 25 is also the birth date of several individuals who have special spot in my heart. First Aljon who applied for apprenticeship April of 2009. Our meeting happened in GMA Cavite and thanks to Mark Anthony Dominguez for hosting us in their place. I had such a nice day. From that day on, we became friends. Sadly though, we lost our touch and never met again yet. Hopefully one day. Another one who was born October 25 is Kristine Dote. I met her first in 2009 during my volunteer work in Batangas City. She was very active as my student and got 100 in participation. I can sense a bit of my personality in her. Her interest and willingness to learn is very much appreciated. Given a chance I would like to share more of my knowledge and skills to her and help her to be the best she can be in her craft.

Photo of Kristine Dote and me together


Another tween who seems to be very happy as of yesterday is Christine. She just came back from Manila, had her vacation there, she narrated to me all the stories she have had in there being her first trip to some malls in Quezon City particularly in Trinoma and SM North Edsa. Truly, semester vacation can do something good to tired and saturated college students. And before I forget, my friend and high school classmate Jejomar Collantes also did celebrate his 24th birthday yesterday. I am very happy for him.

Photo of Christine during her vacation in Quezon City

Photo of Christine with Barney

A photo of birthday boy Jejomar Collantes

All is well yesterday. But today, something positive continues to thrive as my favorite basketball team in NCAA won their peat. San Beda Red Lions were the champions of the recently concluded NCAA Men Basketball competition. Jake Pascual did great in running and maneuvering as well as Rome de la Rosa. Both were quite noticeable in the first game. The game earlier featured a very different Jose Carmelo Lim who was totally fearless and fiery. No amount of words can be said about the Super Twins of San Beda Red Lions. The twin lions, Anthony Paul and David John Semerad exposed their intense passion this afternoon as they jump off the players of San Sebastian. Good job to all of them and let's yell for a congratulations.

Photo of Semerad twins during one of the games

How many days before trick or treat? Well I just hope it will be sunny and free from all worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment