Monday, January 21, 2013

Season Break

To see the world in a different perspective, we must.

I am about to leave home and start anew in Cavite August of last year. For unavoidable circumstances, it never pushed through. I have packed my bags ready for the new challenges ahead. I was hoping 2012 would bring me to a greener pasture, in that case, in Cavite. However, that life proved to be ain't for me.

It also seems that there has been a pattern from 2011 of me going to Manila for some visits every January. If we remember, in 2011, I was in Pasig when Ate Jovie gave birth to Matthew. I spent almost a week in Manila where I also a had the chance to meet and catch up with JS. Then the same thing in 2012 when I went to Ateneo for a an event and to meet Dr. Joel Navarro. I also went to JS' dorm the next day after sleeping over in Daryl's apartment.

This time, while most of American TV series are also in their season breaks, I went to Manila to catch some fresher air [that's idiomatic knowing that there seem to be no fresh air in Manila]. I had to visit Rene. This happened to be the first time I can see his place in Las Pinas where he is studying. He is finishing his college degree in PMMS and living in a dorm nearby.

It was fun living with him for three days, knowing his classmates and the kind of lifestyle he is enjoying. Internet access has never been this long. I have all the chance to surf unlike in Laguna where I have to pay for one hour everyday.

Another highlight of the week is when I went to SM Bacoor with a friend to watch the most awaited Les Miserables. By Sunday, I went to Mall of Asia to chance upon Princess and I casts as they held their Game 3 of the Royal Basketball Game dedicated to the fans who supported the show for almost a year.

Often, we need to take a break from the usual. Drop the regular and see how others see life. It makes us more realized and concrete. It clicks new impression in our minds and we learn new techniques. That's the least it can do. Yet there are a lot of benefits. Boxes are there to enslave our minds. If we get out of it, that's when we start to learn.

There was a story about a frog in a pond. when the frog went out he learned that there is a lake larger than a pond. Not contented, he yearned for more and went out of the lake. He found an ocean. If he never left that pond, he wouldn't have learn that such vast body of water exists.

Maybe I needed these. More than anything, I have to remember every details of what happened. I have to learn more about life. And so we be the best we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment