Sunday, January 10, 2016

Birth and Feast and Passing

Cycle of life we know is so much familiar, normal, and natural yet mysterious and unfathomable. In every corners of the world one will never fail to find a new father and mother enjoying the birth of a new infant yet in another place is a pile of grieving clan who survived the dead of a loved one.

Reaching old age is really a reason for having a party. Some may not be able to spend another year in fullness of biological prowess. Today, our big family is throwing a party for my aunt who has reached the age of 80. On the other side of our life, the Philippines still coping for the lost of our Master Showman and star builder --- Kuya Germs.

Kuya Germs is such a permanent fixture in our entertainment industry that I have never thought of him dying. I felt before like he will be here forever. But life is not like that. At certain point it has to end. It is so sad that he has left us but seeing the multitude of stars he had built all too long ago up to now, we are sure he definitely have served his purpose.

I have tried my best earlier to make it in Kuya Germs wake but my body was too tired after the long trip from Laguna to Quezon City. What's even more of a regret is that I am also absent in my Aunt's birthday party.

Kuya Germs died early in the morning of January 8. That Friday is also the eve for the annual commemoration of TraslaciĆ³n which is January 9. The entirety of Manila is in full preparation for the event. The ambiance of that Friday was quite paradoxical. I went home to Laguna that afternoon so I won't be affected by the traffic trouble. Then I was wrong because even in EDSA traffic scheme was affected. I reached home at around 11pm.

By Saturday morning, all news are either about the Quiapo Church event or Kuya Germs. I was really feeling sorry for this generation who won't be able to learn about Kuya Germs as he live. That includes my nephew, Daniell Coby and the newly born child of Judy Ann and Ryan who was born on the same day Kuya Germs died. How mysterious is new life and sudden death. How paradoxical is the presence of death in the world which strives to fight for life, a world which valued life?

That Saturday, I spent the entire daytime taking care of Coby and treasuring every single minute that I can make him feel how well loved he is by his uncle. It was so nice and refreshing to be home. Now, back in Manila I am asking God for sufficient grace to face the pressure of labor. Yes, the mission is arduous and only by the grace of God can I carry it out.

I am still planning of making it to Mount Carmel Church where Kuya Germs is laid for public viewing. I am also in oneness with my family in the happiness for my aunt reaching old age. If possible too, I want to watch ‪#‎WalangForever‬ in movie house as a treat to myself.

In such a way, we still cannot fathom life. Its new sprout and even the old age death. Oh I remember, January 8 is also Jan Jan's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment