Friday, July 26, 2013

Corequisite

It's me here in Laguna. To lay my back once again and take a long rest from a busy week schedule that passed. it's day five of the course. We just finished our evaluation day. It's been a long week for me and for the others. It might be tiring, mind boggling, and trembling but all the while it is inspiring and fun. It has been a long time since I was inspired by a woman intellectually. The last time was in 2007 when I was still under the tutelage of Ma'am Nikki. Yet, my English instructor is just half the age of Ma'am Nikki. She's extraordinaire. Reaching this far at an early age. I can't help but envy her most of the time because we are just in the same age bracket and look where she is now and where am I. I'm her student, she my teacher. Now I am more enforced to imagine what if I immediately looked for a job after graduation. I could have had a car already or i could have married Faye last year or this year with enough money to realize her dream wedding. Not like this.

"Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid."

Now this lines from Invictus is becoming more meaningful to me. There are so many plans. There are so many uncertainties. There seem to be more shades of clouds on my way to finish line but I will make all those things my inspiration. Not to mention those persons who believe in me and a lending their hands now to help me. I will draw courage from them. My supportive Mom. My ever reliable best-friend [yes even in financial matters], my cute little ones {Trish, Alen, Santi and Galan], and the learning experiences I had from the sages [Sir Peter, Mr. TubaƱa, Ma'am Nikki and Sir Arwin]. Perhaps, in the coming days i will draw more inspiration from my instructor. Given ample time, when she reach Ma'am Nikki's age, she might be able to outdo the CCP-PAD Primadonna.

The city is becoming my new home. My team mates now becoming the new set of friends. It used to be Rand, but Seph is now becoming my new clown. Uncertainties becoming my new hopes. Sometimes i'm afraid to ask myself so I'll just ask God. Where will the money for the rest of the program come from? Will I be present during the August long weekend feast? Will I be able to make it to the company? All these become hanging questions now. I resolve to just enjoy the days to come and accept whatever decision that may affect me. All with open arms and a hopeful spirit. Whatever happens I'll make sure I turn out to be a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment