Thursday, August 8, 2013

That August When She Dreamed About Me

Hi August!!!!!

Finally, momentous and arduous July is over, leaving plenty of realizations behind. Now we want August to be nice to us. AUGUST seems to be my favorite month of the year in spite of the negative preconceptions about it. They say it's ghost month or the month of storms but I have a lot to be thankful about this/ every August.

It's the 14th day of the training. Technically, last day of classes. Next MONDAY is evaluation day. I am so glad 09 is declared a holiday because of eid'l. I am now at home, enjoying the breeze of the province. Just yesterday, Aizee surprised us about his birthday. And there is a plan of celebrating it next Saturday. That would be tomorrow. Aizee is a lover of music. We are currently enjoying almost all types of music together. What particularly links to him is the song Sa Langit which he introduced to me. Though I still can't get over the death of Dra. Andrea Veneracion or simply Ma'am OA.[ tomorrow will be one month after she died] I cannot write a tribute for her up to now because August became busier than July. So is actor turned singer Cory Monteith who also died days after Ma'am OA. Musicians and artist can say goodbye when it's July but the memory lives on. More festivals for music are now being done in honor of Ma'am OA. And tomorrow I'll be attending one which will be facilitated by Ryan Cayabyab.

I am excited to go out with either Wind or Vien one of these days. Even drink coffee with Jus after a meeting. Or simply celebrate with my wavemates after graduating from the training and before facing the working season.

There's a lot to do this week. A lot which happened last week. More to come by next month. There seem to be no space for me to play "TREASURE" or True Love by Pink. Robin Thicke is not yet part of the plan. Blurred Lines has never covered the entire world yet. But it never stops playing in my head. Good thing that I never really liked We Can't Stop because it may not stop also in my mind had I liked it. How can you love somebody when you are so in love with Maroon 5's "Love Somebody"? And how can you imagine the future if you keep on imagining Imagine Dragons? When you hear Icona Pop singing I Love It or Ciara with her Body Party, how do you feel?

No, I haven't mentioned that tonight is the concert of Fall Out Boys here in Manila. The front act would be Gabby Alipe's band Urbandub. FOB will be singing their latest hit which is really a wonder, My Song Knows What you Did in the Dark. I use to play this song after playing Rihanna's Stay. We are waiting for Mumford and Sons to do a concert here, singing their song Hopeless Wanderer. So also with Before YOU Exit who sings A Little More. Did I say that there is a new one from Kings of Leon called Super Soaker? They are great.

IT' AUGUST and it's music month. WE ALL NEED TO HEAR IT. As mush as we heard the music of long ago during this month.

By the way I am playing Over the Love by Florence and the Machine. [there is no way we can honor Ma'am OA than do as many musical acts as she wants us to when she was alive].

No comments:

Post a Comment