Thursday, August 15, 2013

Always Your Lucky Guy

Happiest day? Yes it is. I signed my contract yesterday. I am now officially a working class citizen. Not as prestigious as one may expect of a guy like me but there is a right time for everything. Definitely, a right time to be somebody. As of now, let's begin our way going to the top from here, from the bottom. There is nothing wrong with this. Vectors are always from one point to a better point. And I am not someone ignorant of vectors.

August 15. The day that I will forever love. We had our feast day celebration when we were in third year being part of the OLA class of 2002. That happened eleven years ago in Bukid Garden---a wonderful experience. Ma'am Jem and the rest of my classmates, ooh I can't forget. It happened exactly the same day as today---Thursday. The music of 2002 brought a lot of spice to the August memory. I'd Rather by Luther Vandross; Shoulda Woulda Coulda by Beverly Knight; I Need A Girl by Usher and P. Diddy; No Such Thing by John Mayer; Are You In by Incubus; Stigmatized by The Calling; Hero by Chad Kroeger; Rainy Days by Ja Rule and Mary J Blidge; Best of Me by Blue; Goodbye To You by Michelle Branch and It's Gonna Be Love by Mandy Moore... what else can be as exclaiming?

Last year, my August 15 was highlighted by the movie of Quen and friends---The Reunion. One of the best movies of that year. That Wednesday was rainy. Rainne made in Rainny. I just can't believe it is now one year after that. That evening, after spending an hour in a computer shop, I watched the finale of Glee Project where Blake Jenner was crowned winner. Then the phone call which lasted for the entire night and welcomed the dawn of Aug 16.

Better days ahead? We'll see. I can't say that it is not. I have a lucrative income now. That's a source of great joy and yes today is Our Lady of Assumption. However the quality of life that I will have to face starting September 16 is kind of rough. I will have to bear the sleepless nights and days without being a couch fanatic, where I can just eat pizza before the TV set. I am so happy that supportive friends came along and why do they all have to be younger. I do not know. Kyle, Aizee, Joseph, Kieth and even Elaine all ranges from 21-23. And I am not that young anymore. Fritz will join their club as he comes August 24. Are these all a sign?

Whatever it is. I am grateful for them coming into my life. A new zest perhaps and a new frame of mind to cultivate. Don't worry. God will be extremely generous to give the expected abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment