Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Feel Good Feast Day

This was written last night while recolecting thoughts of last three days celebration.

Three Days of Smile

I am the happiest. I'd like to think I am even if just for the last three days. I would like to express this sound gratitude I have for God. First, for bringing Rene Dacles to my life. I'd like to thank Rene Dacles for bringing the new set of friends to my life. I intent to name them here; towering above them all, Aizee Castro followed by Dexter Abuso, Louie Castilla, Royce Abiva, Bogie Tazo, Chester Benedict Arevalo, and Jonard Dollosa. As of today, they are the souls who vivify me. The souls who edify me. The souls who magnify me.

How I wish tonight, the town fiesta never ends. Yes they were here to celebrate the feast with us Nagcarleños. They were a little late arriving at the last minute of August 24, the night after their class. I was already down drunk because of the party at my former neighborhood. The joyful August 24 after 2010. I never enjoyed it this much for the last two years.

Grateful of what happened early that day, attending the pontifical mass presided fir the first time by Bishop Buenaventura Famadico; the amusement brought by teh community in our compound; and the sunny day of August 24, I thanked God for all that. But the greatest surprise of the day is when they came and made the celebration last for three days.

It was Aizee's first visit in Laguna for a town fiesta without his parents' company. I was deeply touched by that gesture. His coming was a surprise. So is Dexter's. They made me believe that they can't make it and almost turned my invitation to a failure. And so this is one occasion which stands historical. It is the first time my neighborhood experienced my friends' presence here in Laguna.

While we were having playful times for Dota games, picture takings in Liliw's parochial vicinity, and swimming along the cold river, the rest of the Filipinos in Luneta gathered to protest and practice their rights of assemblage. Expressing their disappointment for the government's mysterious spending and anomalous allocations of funds, activists and civil rights groups showed the power of the masses in stunning number of participants.

The busy-ness of the days disabled us to watch the VMA Awards which is another talk of the town. We are conscious that there is a typhoon but it is far from us and we can do the swimming activity with confidence in natures protection. All in all it is a 3 days of smile to remember.

I would like to greet Dianne a happy birthday and to my friends who were here to make me happy at least for the town fiesta, thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment