Friday, September 6, 2013

Birthday Within Another's Birthday

I stayed home for most of the day. If not for the First Friday Mass I would not leave the house the whole time. We know I have to be there for the mass as to give thanks to God for the wonderful celebration of Kuya Anthony's and Galan's birthday.

There was a time when I used to celebrate September 05 solely for Kuya Anthony's birthday, but when Galan came to my life as if my first daughter; I began to make the day a feast for both of them.

This is quite a long month of celebration. We started August with my NHT under Miss Mei. A whirlwind of happenings together with my IELTS classmates, they became the new circle of friends who coloured my life with vibrant hues. Not only that. While I have my NHT friends, I also established friendship with the PMMS classmates of my roommates. Standing out are Aizee, Kyle, Louie, CJ, Elaine, and Joseph.

This is followed by August 14 2013, which is the date I signed my contract for my job. I have a month to complete the requirements and am working on that up to now. Although August 19 to 22 became a tragic period for people in Manila, Cavite, and Pampanga, the circumstance tested our grips and relationships. it became an avenue for service and heroism. Everything that was wrought by calamities were forgotten when we celebrated the long weekend which is the celebration of our town fiesta and national heroes day. PMMS friends were here in Laguna to celebrate all the fun with us. It is probably the happiest in three years.

August ended with a positive bang as I went to Pasay August 30 to visit the family of my friend Alex. I stayed overnight because we reunited and shared laughter together this time again. August 31 even better as I visited DasmariƱas Cavite again and remembered how much a part of my life is the place. A lot of changes happened in just a span of four years and I am drop-dead surprised. I can't really imagined how Imus and Dasmarinas progressed in just a while and this is something that must have been expected. I just wasn't ready for the surprise. Raine and I watched the Mortal Instruments; City of Bones and enjoyed sight seeing in the mall for the entire afternoon of Saturday. And so August ended. I was happy.

September started with the birth of Daniel Coby, our newest baby, which was a day earlier that the birthday of Geoffrey which is September 02. It must have been better if the birth date fell exactly on Goeffrey's birthday but any date is great so long as the kid is healthy. And yes he is dealthy and cute! My September 1 is a god one although I wasn't there for DC in the hospital. I enjoyed the day sleeping and going to mass in the morning to afternoon then enjoyed the later part with Royce and Bogie and we went to SM South Mall for the 5 day sale. That night, we watched the Bling Ring which is a nice teenage movie I should say. I wnet home last Monday and God really surprised me big time because I didn't spent too much for the fare.

Lorraine and Dianne wisited me in the evening since I was all by myself in the house. They ate supper and watched a movie and TV shows until 9pm. By September 3, Daniel Coby is home already and I am so glad that I met him for the first time. Just yesterday, Galan blew her birthday candles and was one of the happiest girls in the world. I don't know with Kuya Anthony. I know Geoffrey was really happy during his birthday. I called him. We had a short phone conversation. He is texting me the entire afternoon as well as Aizee. Of course, it is not to say that Aizee is a temporary replacement for Geoff, they are two unique individuals with different vantage points and capacities.

I am liking what is happening in my world though not so much with "the" world. In just a few days I will be starting my work. I am excited for all these and I can't wait for DC to grow up. I wanna be with Galan and Santi. I want to be with Justine and Kenneth. All the persons who make me happy. Just that, Aizee, Elaine and Geoffrey are containing all the happiness and preventing it to burst. This happiness I am radiating to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment