Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Some Highlights For September 2013

I like to begin it with what happened tonight, just tonight. I watched Soapdish band perform in PADIS South Station for the Rock Fest at the Grill. They sang "Ewan Ko" and I suddenly realized that this is also the date when I first heard that song eight years ago. Yes I almost cried. This is like a gift for September 25. I always expect something good to happen every Sept 25. The date deserve to be dubbed as the Day of Serendipity.

I am still staying here in Las PiƱas. Today is the birthday of Gino and of course little Lianne but none of them received my greetings personally. I wasn't able to come to their respective birthday celebrations because of tiresome works in the office. The truth is, Gino never had a celebration earlier because he still is sick. How unfortunate that he is sick on his very birthday. Most probably we will move the celebration to another date.

Whence for the professional life, it is probably the main highlight of September. However tiring it may be, the point that I have something to accomplish later and a salary waiting for the month of October makes this things worthwhile. To challenge myself to reach new heights is one that makes it even more exciting. The opportunity to meet new people and befriend them is another savory experience for September.

Watching an independent movie always has an impact to ones weekend or vacation days. I happened to view "Mga Alaala Ng Tagulan" in Gateway Cineplex and I enjoyed it. A lot of criticism can be given to the acting parts of the casts but the cinematography and the quality of presentation can never be outmentioned.

The experience of rain and wetness of roads is inevitable for the month of September. I always have this temptation of not going to work because of the bed and bad weather but I have to believe it is here to stay and be a discourager for every one who wants to improve, may they be students or professionals. All will have this temptation for absence.

At some point I may ask myself why the heck do I still need to work harder. I can just sit and look around. There are lots of people who accept me and love me even without a degree or a profession. I can just go on with life being sustained by people who believes that it is their vocation to support me financially. Still, I continue to fight in a metropolitan forest. I continue to strive and reach my highest potential.
--Because this is something that tells me I am worth the respect. This is part of me building my dignity. It validates me!

One time, as I was walking on my way home, I met a child collecting garbage on the road. He is a chubby one and he doesn't look like a street children or a beggar. He looks like he is from a middle class family and he has parents who are sending him to school. But still he has this cart and collecting trashes from house to house while it is night, raining. There must be a reason behind avoiding starvation. And if that little boy who must be around 10-11 years of age has reason to work at 10pm while it was raining collecting the garbage, then pity me if I don't have one noble reason.

September allowed me to enjoy experiences. More than that, September taught lessons from life. Lessons which will eventually prepare me for that wonderful future awaiting us. If there ever are better ways to culminate September then let it happen. With open arms we are praying for more happiness while learning the value that this new world must cultivate.

No comments:

Post a Comment