Thursday, August 4, 2011

more concoctions on personal paroxysm

Cuz I am not a word, I am not a line, I am not a man that can ever be defined. I am not fly, I am levitation, I represent an entire generation. And this work happens to be a nexus where all opinions can be discussed.

Whereas, the author, attended a conference in De La Salle University Manila as of July 02 2011. The very date I bought Lorraine. And what we talked about? Causality. Time. Knowledge. Person. Truth. You see! An experience I wasn't able to write though I am dying to. That intellectual emptiness which I want to fill time and again.

Whereas, the next Saturday after that I sat as an audience in the Ricordare Concert of the Novo Concertante Manila. Braving the rain as I travel from Laguna to Villa Verde, the music penetrated the entirety of my being as if an elixir for a longer life which cures the soul busied the cacophony of outrages dwelling in a noisy environment such as ours--- the 21st century, a generation that had not known Bach, Vivaldi and Palestrina.

Whereas, by Sunday, July 10 2011 the day after the concert of Novo Concertante Manila, I met new friends from Polytechnic University of the Philippines who are currently taking up master's degree in Comm. These friends utilized my talent pro bono. I was extremely grateful for an opportunity to help; I guess even more than how grateful they are to me for nodding yes to their request. It was a refreshing experience where I rekindled my passion and more so a colourful acquaintance with new people. That lengthy afternoon became more exhausting as I decided to stay in Manila no longer. I got home in Laguna at 12 am.

Whereas, July 14, I made time to remembrance of what happened eight years ago. It was that Monday of July 14 of 2003 when I had the chance to converse with the maiden who owned my heart as captive of her beauty. I am thinking if I 'll be forever hers. Meanwhile, the same date of 2011 is the very first time that I talked with Trisha. the girl, who because of her unprecedented beauty and rather immaculate smile became the very reason why my heart is beating again. Could this be a plausible sign that Trisha is anointed to take the place of my Empress as I move towards that promising New Beginning? Or will I wait again for another perfect woman who can surpass the eminence of LFVC? As luck would told me, it is either the feminine Trisha or the boyish Justine. These two ladies taking more time to occupy my mind [ I'll write a separate article for these two] making it frequent to hang like an old computer waiting to be upgraded.

Whereas, the Cultural Center of the Philippines opened the gates of silver screen with the 7th Cinemalaya Film Festival amidst the worldwide frenzy for the last instalment of Harry Potter series. Participants and organizers of cinemalaya runned the show festival without an iota of bashfulness nor doubt. Simultaneously, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows attracted mass audiences including Trisha herself, who I knew out of fealty screamed for a ticket. Harry Potter lined with the epitomic movies released just this summer which, to name a few, includes Johny Depp’s “Pirates of the Carrebean 4”, “Kung Fu Panda 2”, “Green Lantern” with Blake [Oh Blake], X-Men First Class, Super 8, Transformers 3, and Chris Evan’s Captain America which as of now is topping the gross. Notice that most of these movies are child friendly. America just funded lots of movies formed by fictitious characters that project their slight despair for reality.

Whereas of July 23, PBA all star met and played with NBA stars in Smart Araneta Coliseum. A dream made into reality by Manny Pangilinan. All Basketball enthusiast of the Philippine archipelago rejoiced while watching, and count Justine in, either live in Araneta Center or via television and internet at home. Manny Pacquiao graced the occasion with his presence and how funny that NBA players were like ah-ah, stunned because of Manny.

Whereas, the president of the Republic delivered his second state of the nation address to the people who elected him as the 14th Congress opened its session. The president boasts of the administration’s accomplishments in just a year. Also, an expose on the oblique actions of the previous officials specially that if PAGCOR. At the end of his speech was an encouragement to all Filipinos to be more grateful. To stop hate and start thanking each other. After that, July 26, a typhoon came and devastated region 5.

Whereas, Incubus and 30 Seconds to Mars just had their concert in Manila last July 28 and 29. The show just proved that most Filipinos are up to date with the pop rock scene. There still is wide market for foreign acts and the Filipinos are very welcoming to that kind of music. I hope Incubus and Jared enjoyed their stay in Manila. Hope they’ll come back and have Trisha and me as audiences.

Whereas, July 29 is the 59th birthday of my Mom. I can say that we eagerly waited for that Friday. I enjoyed seeing my Mom happy. We wish her all the best in life and may we still have more and more times to celebrate life together.

Ergo, life is diverse. Filled with such and such activities, a person of today appears in a kaleidoscopic image which is too complex to define verbatim. Simply put. I cannot be boxed as a person who is like this or like that. A generation resonates in my bare humanity. Likewise, we see here the necessity of circumspection since it is the key to unlocking the secret of cosmopolitan identity. To earn a homogenous title as a person stratified in one’s own generation, each experiences should be assessed and taken into consideration as whether it is actually you or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment