Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mirage

Once there was a girl whose name was Bernadette Soubirous. She's from Lourdes France. She said she saw the Virgin Mary and that was known as the Apparition in Lourdes. This phenomenon is one of my most appreciated apparitions of the Blessed Virgin.

For no apparent reason, February 11 is a very special day for me. A day of comfort. Our Lady of Lourdes also seem to be a devotion close to me. All important persons in my highschool life became a part of the OLL Class. Kuya Anthony was in Our Lady of Lourdes class 2000. I was first year then. When Genevie May, my great crush during those times, was in her third year high school, her section was OLL too. Dan Carlo, the man I consider my brother, was part of OLL class 2002-2003. I was part of Our Lady of Assumption. And so we graduated.

Leaving there behind is my sister Rizzel and her best friend, the love of my life... Lara Faye. Lo and behold, both of them became part of OLL Batch 2005-2006. I guess they all deserve the intercession of the Lady of Lourdes.

It is one of the most miraculous titles of Mary. The place where she appeared became a healing spot for people with different illnesses and they proved that they recovered from their sickness after coming in there. Specially miraculous is the water of Lourdes which comes from the spring described by Bernadette. Every day there are pilgrimages going in honor of the Lady of Lourdes. Pilgrims are eager to witness how miraculous is the place and the water.

However, for a long time, the vision was reduced into mere pop culture. People forgot the real essence of the apparition which is to bring us closer to God. This we should bear in mind always.

I want to believe that being in the section of Our Lady of Lourdes, my friends and loved ones became more passionate about God. I hope that until today, that we are all out of school and professionals, they still have in them the same fire as that of Bernadette. let us pray to the Lady of Lourdes to grant us her intercession so we may be more close to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment