Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sorrowful

Right after the remembrance of the Cross' triumph we enter the sorrowful life of the Blessed Mother and reflect. It is high time to see the sacrifices done by our mothers so that we can go on in life. I really am thankful that I will never become a mother. At least on my part there will be lesser burden but the Mother of Jesus endured them all. The flight to Egypt, the prophecy of Simeon, the lost of the child Jesus in Jerusalem temple, and the series of humiliation and sufferings that she saw first hand as experienced by her son. All these points to the loving character or the Virgin.

As I reflect on the Gospel reading which was taken from the Saint John, I can't help but wonder why it talks about the sorrowful life of the mother. Mary should be happy to have another son who will take care of her after the death of her son. But this time I understood, the pain of seeing her Son on the cross and giving away the mother for a great love.

We are to reflect about the sufferings of Mary. This one the Church should be aware of so we can truly be sensitive to the needs of the poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment