Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Multimedia Zombies

"Well, I am not the super duper tech-savvy. I swear. But with the world rising up to heaven with space ship and time machines, I just can't help but fly beneath the tide".

What's with this term Android? Tell me. Noong 2010, ang facebook at ang Android ang naging topic ng mga gadget enthusiasts. Ang alam ko, ang Androids ay yung nakikita kong robot sa TV na talagang pinagmukhang tao para ma suit yung taste ng mga gagamit sa robot. Kaiba nga lang sa tao dhail mas malakas at efficient ito kumpara sa human employees. Well, sa ilang napanuod ko, kalaban ang mga androids. They are trying to take over the earth. A laughable stuff, until today that it's totally happening.

Bakit pinagusapan ang android for 2010? Simply because it is a Linux based OS [open source] platform for mobile cellular handset na ginawa at inilabas ng google by 2009. Thus, by 2010, nagkaroon ng mga android devices. Oh di ba cool? Somehow may threat ang pangalang android because of the traditional depiction nila sa mga children stories sa anime at ilang hollywood movies na techie type.

Now... wala akong gadget kahit isa na may android installed program. Sa pagkakaalam ko hindi pa tapos ang operation android. I really doesn't have an absolute grasp of what it really is and how it is helping teh world to become a better place in a very McLuhan sense. Ang alam ko lang kapag nakakita ako ng sumasayaw na green androidlike being sa iPhone or desktop, ibig sabihin may android system ang gadget na iyon. Whether it can protect or hasten its operation, I do not know.

Siguro once na nakabili na ako ng bagong cellphone or desktop or laptop, malalaman ko kung gaano kahalaga ang Android phenomenon na ito. For now let me just hang with the zombies. By the way, what's with the zombies and the androids? Bakit sila ang term na gamit sa techno world?

They are not fully human beings. Sa totoo, ang android is just a mechanical invention and a zombie a body without full cognition and affection just raised from the dead by evil sources. If we are not careful, these things around us, in the technological niche, will turn us to become rather a zombie or an android. I had a time to reflect the whole day about my life. May naka-set akong isang oras just for meditation. Ganoon talaga ang buhay ko. I read a simple reflection then pause and then think and scrutinize and eventually mag-i-inventory ako ng buong buhay ko.

You know what I found out? That most of my wishes and plans revolve around material things that I can almost say I am too envious about other people who have what I do not have. I want to do a lot of things and capture them on cameras so I can upload it on facebook. I do not know why I am so insecured when a lot of my friends are now owning more than 20 photo albums in their mini blogs. Hindi ko talaga alam saan nanggagaling ang urge to put more videos and photos. Nasasaktan ako kapag naiisip ko pa lang na mas madami akong sinusulat instead of photos or videos to display. Others, they don't even need to write about their experiences because photos will speak of those. As we hear from a cliche that goes around--pictures do not lie. May mga tao na they will doubt if all written in a facebook note or a blog is true until they find a photo.

I want to shoot my tour in every cities so I can prove I went there. I want to shoot how I eat cake in Red Ribbon just to show the world I can pay for those foods. I want to shoot every single movements in the sky just to hear them say "Uy, nag sky diving sila" and SO WHAT! Kainis di ba? And so without these things am I a zombie? Walking in there but without a real life. Kapag hindi ba nailagay sa facebook ang lahat ng experiences ko sa isang araw, hindi na ako buhay? Ganoon ba yun? Paano kung biglaang nag swimming kami ng mga pinsan ko and all of a sudden low bat ang camera, does that mean wala na lahat yun? Bale wala ang swimming at ang memories na nabuo duon?

After my meditation... parang lalong bumigat ang loob ko of what I am becoming these days. Perhaps, this new year, I have to minimize my exposures to television set and internet because they are making me less focused and that will totally affect my leadership and my personal formation as an individual.

photo courtesy of Charlie White and google images

What's with the android thing? I do not know. I am proud I do not know. That would mean I am still the person I have to be and my mentors dreamt of me to be. Tulad ng mga computers, minsan ang mga tao kailangan ding mag reformat ng buhay. Good thing new year is here, mas may dahilan para mag rejuvinate. I am so glad I learned how to value the most important and the non-material things. I am still on my way to becoming better. Maybe not the best. Maybe not the leader people wanted me to be. I never ever dreamt of becoming one. Ang alam ko, my mission is to train that who will be the best. Kuntento na ako dun. Parte noon ang pagiging mapaglimi sa mga bagay na hinahangad.

Maybe there are times I feel so frightened with my call. Maybe there are times I feel so undeserving. Times when I doubt kung may pag asa ba na maging isa sa respected masters of the future with all that happened in my life. But I believe I have to keep going. Otherwise, wala na silang aabutan kung lahat na lang tayo magi-guilty. Whenever I can't look at the face of those person I hurted in the past, naiisip ko kung totoo ba lahat ng mangyayari. Pero kung hindi ko ita-try, maiiwan na lang ako dito at hindi gagalaw. Walang mangyayari. Better believe the prophecy than lie dormant until the boy comes and wonder where his teacher is.

More than all these, we should strive to be fully human. A phenomenal human person in all respects. Technology should not and must not transform us to be androids and zombies like what they are catering us today. My calling tayo to be better REAL persons and not disillusioned virtual humanoids. Some people are turning to me. Several individuals believe in me. Hindi ako councilor ng bayan or ng village, not a member of any 20-ager movement, I am a man in preparation to becoming the master of that boy--- I am convinced of this. I should make it up this year. Actually, I must surpass my previous self this year. Kailangan makaangat ako from that neophyte I was in 2010 and become the Paragon for 2011. With some mortification, I have to do it. With modesty and enough PRUDENCE which is required to be becoming the ME my teachers told me.

How about you? There is life outside that laptop. Hindi lang tayo yung avatar na nakikita natin sa facebook. May buhay tayo na hindi mahahabol at hindi mahihigitan ng buhay na binubuhay natin sa loob ng computer, sa isang community na mga pictures lang ang naguusap. Life is more than that! Think about it, Shakespeare never had a typewriter. Goethe never had a twitter account. Some of the best and finest perosns never really dared to upload their photos on their blogs for they never had one.

So that's enough to say...... there is life even if mawala ang wi-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment