Sunday, June 13, 2010

Always Ready To Approve You



GOSPEL READING Luke 7:36-50

One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house, and took his place at table. And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment. Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw it, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner." And Jesus answering said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you." And he answered, "What is it, Teacher?" "A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Now which of them will love him more?" Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, to whom he forgave more." And he said to him, "You have judged rightly." Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little." And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?" And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Commentary


Every person close to me would agree when I say that my greatest passion is to do digital music remixes. I can spend all day long before the pc and befriend any audio editing software. I am fond of using the Steinberg WaveLab 5.0 to do my own music specially disco progressive music which can be used in dance parties and other social events.





What I really like about WaveLab is that anytime I make mistake, it will not ruin any of my masterpiece. I don't need to be feeling guilty all my life because of one mistake. There is a chance to delete unnecessary soundwaves which can affect the project's overall characteristics. Even if I make mistake in my recording [or in looping and fading in], there is only slight chance for failure. I can erase my wrongdoings in the audio lab using the cut and delete button. At the end of the day, my track sounds pleasing and intelligent without any memory of my mistakes and ugly recordings.




Aside from being a full blood musician, I am also a loving and tenderly caring uncle to my niece. I have a wonderful relationship with her. She is personally dear to me. She is not a perfect sister nor a perfect daughter nor a perfect child. She is an ordinary little girl entering her puberty. What makes her extraordinary is my perspective about her, my attitude towards her, and my huge love that can cover her mistakes. She just celebrated her 12th birthday last Friday and I am pretty certain that as she grows, tehre will be more disappointments on my part. She will make wrong decisions, she will be more hard headed, more disobedient, more experimental, more rebellious. There is a great chance that her bad habits may blossom but I don't care. I ma ready for that and as an uncle I am prepared to give my pardon right away.


I believe the abovementioned analougues are also true to God. He makes everything wonderful and it is just easy for Him to erase errors of our humanities. He only see the perfect master piece and no matter how many times people stumble, He can make at all anew and forget all the ugly ones. God already made a gigantic room for our mistakes. Look, Jesus said to the prostitute woman "Your sins are forgiven" and it is like saying that it is alright he will forget that. He even told them a parable about two persons owing a creditor 50 and the other 500 dinarii. Instead of making them pay, the debt was forgiven. So illogical. How was that possible? It is like saying "Ok this is your debt and look I am erasing it and all gone." Jesus is telling us, "It is ok to stumble. It is ok to fail sometimes. I can undo that!"

You know what, Jesus is just so excited and eager to undo all the tears from your eyes. He is saying "Look, the Bible starts with a garden and everything was ruined but before you close the Bible, see, I give you a new City of Jerusalem so everything must be restored to its original state of happiness."

Just when everyone is ready to condemn the woman, here is Jesus ready to console her. It is alright to enter and wash his feet, he did not shy away from the woman but accepted and approved her and her deeds. Simon saw her past. Jesus saw her present and her future. Simon is only after the external good deeds but Jesus is after the sincere and spiritual renewal. Everyone is indebted and Simon forgets that. the one who was forgiven much is loving the Master much.Just like an audio project it is easy for God to delete and undo. he is after the future outcome of the work and not about the mistakes. Just like an uncle ready to forgive the niece, God is so loving that He already made room for our mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment