Sunday, May 30, 2010

Majestic Triune God



That our God is one in three Divine persons is the primordial doctrine a Christian should first believe. Without faith in this truth, the person cannot be considered a member of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Christian, thus, is neither a polytheistic religion nor a monotheistic religion. We are very different, we are Christian. We are {if there is a right term} Henotheist. We believe that God is one {heno is one} though there is three divine personalities.

It is hard to reconcile that 1+1+1=1 while every Mathematicians will say that it is three. But our faith transcends all arithmetical and exponential realities. though differences may be separating us from one another, our God is teaching us that there is always a reason to be one. Only one thing remains after all these. I learned that the more I dig deeper in understanding the mystery of the triune God, the more I am caught in a complex web of puzzling details about the God I am loving. There is always an iota of ignorance no matter how long the debates and researches were done. At last I am settling for the truth that the dogma of Triune God is His way of reaching out. It is enough that you have a glimpse of what you cannot truly grasp anyway because the human mind is limited and only after the resurrection of the death will I be changed in a glorified status. The world cannot contain the realities about the God whom I worship and the last words of the Gospel of John attest to this.

Nonetheless, I am still happy that there is a chance to understand the very nature, essence, substance, and persona of the God who created, redeemed, and nourished me in faith. He opted to be in three persons so that I can have different ways of relating to Him. I can distinguish the royalty of His power and I can be enlightened on how big our God is. He is so big that His majesty cannot be contained in only one personality alone. he has to be three persons so I can understand the dynamism of his Holiness. Isn't it very consoling the the sovereign God who chose to relate to us, granted us a variety of ways to approach Him? I cannot even fathom how much He wants us to encounter His greatness. All I know is that the Father is the Lord of all, He is with the world from the beginning as her Creator. The Son who according to the first reading is the wisdom of the Father and has been there from the foundation of the world. And the Holy Spirit our advocate, who is here to remind us and refresh us of the teachings of Jesus. The Spirit is the very person of God who continues to strengthen us. Everlasting God, one in three, may all praises and glory be.

No comments:

Post a Comment